- Permission for publication is granted for one-time, non-exclusive use. Any subsequent use or change in use constitutes re-use and must be applied for in writing.
- Access fees are per reproduction and in addition to the production charge shown below.
- The San Diego History Center retains all rights to the images used in reproductions.
- All reproductions must be credited as follows: San Diego History Center in a caption or credit. Credits should appear in close proximity to the image or in a special section devoted to credits.
- Altering the original image beyond standard cropping requires written permission. These changes must be indicated in the accompanying caption.
- Applicant agrees to provide the SDHC Library with one copy of the work containing the reproduction.
- *Non-profit refers to an organization able to demonstrate 501 C (3) not-for-profit status.
|PUBLICATION – editorial use within books, periodicals, and other published works.
For use on the front or back cover of a book, or the cover of a magazine, the rate is 3 times the amount listed below. Subsequent printing and other uses are normally charged at one-half the original fee, but should be verified and permission granted beforehand. Other commercial uses are negotiable.
|IN San Diego County||OUTSIDE San Diego County|
|Circulation 10,000 or less||$70||$140|
|Circulation greater than 10,000||$90||$250|
|Circulation less than 10,000||$25||$60|
|Circulation greater than 10,000||$40||$80|
|NON-EDITORIAL – unbound materials such as postcards, posters, calendars, brochures, and company reports.|
|Print run less than 5,000||$125||$250|
|Print run 5,000 or more||$175||$300|
|Print run less than 5,000||$75||$150|
|Print run 5,000 or more||$100||$200|
|ADVERTISING – includes print (newspaper and magazine) and television advertisements. Billboard use is double the following fees.|
|ELECTRONIC/FILM – editorial use in film, television, video, CD or DVD, web pages.|
|One time use in a PowerPoint presentation will have no access fee, only a production fee.|
|VIDEOTAPING or filming of images at our facilities, one hour minimum. For images that are videotaped at our facilities there are access fees in addition to videotaping fees.|
|Research must be completed, images approved and appointments scheduled in advance of the filming/videotaping session. Images must be captured on video recording equipment and not a digital camera that produces still images (even if that camera is also capable of producing video footage).|
|1 to 10MB (8″ x 10″ at 300DPI)||$25|
|11 to 40MB (11″ x 14″ at 600DPI)||$40|
|41 to 100MB (16″ x 20″ or larger at 1200DPI)||$65|